If this blog turns out to be like any of my other blogs this may be the one and only post. But... you never know, this could be the one I'm inspired to continue.
Becoming Zen is the story of a 41 year old man with two children in grade school, a angel of a fiance and two cute puppies on the road to becoming a zen master.
Why?
1. I feel like I've always been on the road, a long bumpy road, to becoming a zen master. Do I expect to get there? In the spirit of zen, I think that if you arrive then you are not there yet.
2. I have a lot of fear, worry, stress and anxiety in my life and I would like to not have these things in my life or at least less of them.
3. I have a strong desire to grow emotionally and spiritually. I feel that zen is the right path to help me in this growth.
4. I'm often scattered, pulled in many directions; always worried that the thing I'm doing isn't the best use of my time. I believe zen will help me relax and focus. So, the fourth reason would be clarity.
5. I want to simplify my life; I think a zen practice will help me with that.
So, that's the plan. Is there room for becoming a zen master along side a full time job, a relationship, two kids, two dogs and many hobbies? I'm hopeful.
No comments:
Post a Comment